Hi all! Due to life events, I will not be posting or reupping albums in the future. Some of the albums might be available on the Facebook group mentioned below. Thanks for understanding!

For Facebook users, please check out and join my new sharing group Trashy Treasures, featuring 70s, 80s and 90s music pleasures!! A lot like the Isle, but with everyone able to contribute and discuss the tasty old music we love!!!

For all you pop lovers on Facebook, you should join the Pop Rush Community Facebook page immediately. Lots of amazing shares of great pop music from the 1990's and 2000's!!

And don't forget to follow the Isle on Facebook and Twitter!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Reno - Reno (2000)

Reno was a group that attempted to make country-tinged pop music, no doubt encouraged by the success of pop-country acts like Shania Twain, Faith Hill and Leann Rimes. Their album is really only mildly country, with most tracks sounding straight-up pop a la Hanson, and their image was much edgier than most other country acts at the time. Unfortunately it wasn't a formula for success. But the album is a pleasant diversion, a nice soundtrack to a long drive down a country road. The upbeat singles were "I Think I Know" and "Whole World, and the track "Growing Away (My Little Baby)" is a beautiful song from mother to child. This was Reno's only album, and I had no idea what became of them until posting this and looking for info on the group. It turns out that the lead singer is Katie Cook, who is a host on CMT, the US country music TV station. Her father was a famed country music songwriter, and she is a songwriter herself. It's good to see that even though the band failed, she has carried on in country music, though in an entirely different manner.  With the success of future unisex country-pop groups like Sugarland, Lady Antebellum and The Band Perry, it seems like Reno were on to something, just a little ahead of their time, unfortunately.

Video for Whole World

Download Reno

1
I Think I Know
2
In The Way
3
If I Close My Eyes
4
Love Me Right
5
Growing Away (My Little Baby)
6
Glow
7
Whole World
8
He's Coming Home
9
Falling
10
Truth
11
Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment