Hi all! Due to life events, I will not be posting or reupping albums in the future. Some of the albums might be available on the Facebook group mentioned below. Thanks for understanding!

For Facebook users, please check out and join my new sharing group Trashy Treasures, featuring 70s, 80s and 90s music pleasures!! A lot like the Isle, but with everyone able to contribute and discuss the tasty old music we love!!!

For all you pop lovers on Facebook, you should join the Pop Rush Community Facebook page immediately. Lots of amazing shares of great pop music from the 1990's and 2000's!!

And don't forget to follow the Isle on Facebook and Twitter!

Monday, December 3, 2007

Adele Bertei - Little Lives (1988)

Adele Bertei has been involved in the music scene for quite a long time. She has been a back-up singer on albums and tours for a diverse array of artists, including Sandra Bernhard, Tears For Fears, Thomas Dolby and Lydia Lunch. She has been a member of several groups, exploring the far reaches of many genres of music. To the mainstream pop world, she would likely best be known as the lead singer on some of the best dance tracks by uber-producers Jellybean Benitez ("Just A Mirage", "Hypnotized (By Your Touch)" & "Am I Dreaming") and Arthur Baker ("Kiss The Ground (You Walk On)"). She also released a few solo pop-dance singles of her own: "Build Me A Bridge", "When It's Over" (which you can get HERE on Lost Pop Treasures), and "Zami Girl".  So I was thrilled when I found this album for a dollar, especially when I saw that it was produced by 90's pop producer Ian Prince, who has worked with Paula Abdul (and featured artist Kiara Hunter), among others. But I wasn't excited for long. Alas, while Adele has a very unique voice, she chose to record it on an album of middle-of-the-road adult contemporary music. I can't say any track stands out for me (though "Can't Stop The Dance" has promise). It's in a synthy Vonda Shepard vein, not something I'm very into. And no one else was really interested either, as it flopped (though, to be fair, even Adele admitted she wasn't really interested in a solo recording career, and she's still recording today with a diverse array of acts. Definitely look up her work on the internet.). Anyway, maybe one day when I'm older I'll realize this album's genius. For now, you be the judge...

Video for Little Lives, Big Love

Download Little Lives

01
Little Lives, Big Love
02
The Green Suit
03
Truth And Lies
04
Babes In Moneyland
05
The Lonliest Girl
06
Can't Stop The Dance
07
Golden Square
08
Fool For Love
09
Hollywood
10
Love This Way

5 comments:

  1. Just want to say that I love Adele, unfortunately the only great song on here is the title...just wish she would do more...btw kinda reminds me of Anna Domino

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this LP in a Venice California thrift store circa 1990, and was amazed that the organist of the no-wave band The Contortions had put out a solo album. But, like you, I found this music not to my taste, and traded it to a record store for probably less on I paid for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    If you get the chance could you please update the link to download this album please?

    Many Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title track is amazing. I love that song!

    ReplyDelete