Thanks for the understanding most of you have had for the loss of my partner. The situation was unexpected and has not been easy, but I am better. I have been very busy since, with the aftermath and work, so I really haven't had the time or desire to post here. But I do check occasionally and will try to update requested links when I get a chance. No idea when or if I'll get to new posts, but you never know. He did support this blog, so maybe I'll get back to it. Thanks for your patience.

If you wish to download an album off of this blog and the link is dead, please request it either in the comments or the Chat Box and I will reupload it as soon as possible. :)

And don't forget to follow the Isle on Facebook and Twitter!

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Rosey – Dirty Child (2002)

Rosey (née Nancy Kaye) is a perfect example of the many artists who, despite lots of label hype and critical acclaim, fail to catch on with the public. She had everything going for her – great looks, a soulful voice often compared to Nikka Costa (but to my ear closer to Alana Davis), tons of publicity from her label Island Def Jam, and fantastic reviews across the board. She had a hot producer in Darryl Swann, who had achieved success with Macy Gray. Some of her tracks even appeared on soundtracks to films like Bridget Jones’ Diary and Shallow Hal. Her music was an eclectic mix of many styles – trip hop, funk, jazz, rock, blues, hip hop and pop – that blended together to create a pleasing sound. And some remixes of her tracks “Love” and “One” also garnered praise. There really was no way that the woman could fail to set the charts afire. But unfortunately public response was barely even lukewarm. I had thought this was the end of her career until looking her up for this post. But fortunately I discovered her Youtube page, Facebook page and Reverbnation page. She did indeed record a few more albums on an independent label, as well as an album with her electronic group Lal Meri. So this is one lady who shouldn’t be written off just yet…

Video for Love 

Video for Beautiful

Download Dirty Child

1
Love
2
Afterlife
3
One
4
The Time
5
Beautiful
6
XX
7
Desperate
8
Like A Dream
9
Cozy
10
Dirty Child
11
Heaven
12
My Baby

4 comments:

  1. I remember buying this album and absolutely loving "Beautiful". Definitely one of my favorite tracks of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nasty G, can you re-up this album? She sounded so hauntingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete