Hi all! Due to life events, I will not be posting or reupping albums in the future. Some of the albums might be available on the Facebook group mentioned below. Thanks for understanding!

For Facebook users, please check out and join my new sharing group Trashy Treasures, featuring 70s, 80s and 90s music pleasures!! A lot like the Isle, but with everyone able to contribute and discuss the tasty old music we love!!!

For all you pop lovers on Facebook, you should join the Pop Rush Community Facebook page immediately. Lots of amazing shares of great pop music from the 1990's and 2000's!!

And don't forget to follow the Isle on Facebook and Twitter!

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Annick Gagnon - River Of Love (1995) & Annick Gagnon (1999) DOUBLE POST!!

So AJ, a member of the amazing Facebook sharing group Pop Rush, has had a fascination with acquiring the music of French-Canadian pop singer Annick Gagnon.  I took it upon myself to buy her albums so I could share with AJ and the world.  I did have her self-titled album from 1999, but I remember hating it so much I sold it. Listening to it again, I'm not sure what I was thinking.  It's decent dance-pop and Britney-esque pop. Her first album, River Of Love, I've never heard before, and I can't say the same thing about it.  It may have the worst cover of The Locomotion that I've ever heard. LOL You be the judge.  Instead of writing a whole history, I'm stealing her story from Last.fm and a tribute page.  There seem to be many people with this name, including one who is a French-Canadian singer who was on the Quebec version of The Voice, but it's not our Annick. If you're out there, hit us up girl!

From the tribute page:

Name: Annick Cléo Gagnon
Nickname: Nickie
Date Of Birth: October 7th, 1978
Height: 5'1"
Eyes: Blue-Gray
Birthplace: Grand Falls, NB, Canada
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Instruments: Piano & Guitar

Music/Dance Accomplishments: By the time Annick Gagnon was 12, she had opened for Celine Dion and performed at a gala celebration for Moncton's 100th birthday. Her teenage years were filled with appearances on Morningside, Enfants Soleil, YTV's Breakfast Zone, Bonjour Atlantique and Breakfast Television. At 16, she released her debut album, River of Love. Now a veteran at 22, Gagnon's latest CD (self-titled) is gathering CHR steam across Canada with singles like "I'm Temperamental" and "Show Me". Produced by former BKS member Greg Kavanagh (who wrote most of the songs), the CD features a wide range of soulful pop and potential future dance-remix anthems. Gagnon's veteran backing musicians include Ben Riley (drums), Rob Guesus (organ), Steve Lucas (bass) and Richard Evans (piano). Annick Gagnon (the album, not the artist) was mixed by Vic Florencia at Kavasound Studios in Toronto and mastered by Tom Coyne at Sterling Sound in New York. Gagnon, who won the 1996 ECMA Francophone Recording Artist of the Year Award, has been tapped to star in the new Vancouver late-night show, V-TV. She was also the ECMA 2001 Showcase Artist! (Written by Sarah Chauncey) She was featured on the Mike Bullard show twice in 2001 and also opened up for the band The Moffatts in their east-coast tour! She's undergone 10 years of classical voice training, 7 years of classical piano, & on and off hip hop dancing lessons!

Fav Color: blue
Fav Food: Sheppard's pie
Fav Song: I've got so many, but I guess I would have to say, "Rollin'" by Limp Bizkit
Fav Non.Alcoholic Drink: Hot chocolate
Fav Book: Élisa (French!!)
Fav Band of all time: Bon Jovi and the BIZKIT!!!
Fav Actor: Sean Connery
Fav Actress: Julia Roberts
Fav Quote: "The person who said wining wasn't important must have lost!" (I don't really believe in that way of thinking, but I think it's kinda funny!)

Hobbies: going to the gym, and hang out at the waterfront in Halifax
Musical Influences: Everything from classical to heavy hip hop grooves!

Embarrassing/Weird trait: I'm double jointed in the fingers and I can pop my hips!!
Stood out physical quality: I don't know, people say I have a nice smile... does that count?
Stood out personality trait: I have a big yap.. I talk to anybody... Maybe that's not all that good!!

From Last.fm:

Canadian-born Annick Gagnon was raised in Grand Falls, New Brunswick, and is a moderately well known Canadian pop singer.

Gagnon first sang live opening for Celine Dion in 1992 at a French Festival in New Brunswick, where she performed a medley of Disney favourites.

Annick began her career singing in both English and French, and was featured on MuchMusic's francophone show, French Kiss. In 1996, at the age of 16, she became the youngest recipient ever of an East Coast Music award for her debut album "River of Love".

Her second album, simply titled Annick Gagnon, was a nationwide success with singles such as "I'm Temperamental", "Show Me" and "Victim" solidifying her mark on the Canadian music scene well into the new millennium. At the East Coast Music Awards in 2001, she went home with the title of "Urban Artist of the Year".

As of 2002 Annick has resided in Halifax, and is balancing performing with pursuing higher education.

Download River Of Love

1 River Of Love
2 Danse D'amour
3 If I Try
4 The-Locomotion
5 Best Friend's Boyfriend
6 Chateaux De Sable
7 Soul Deep
8 I'll Be There For You
9 Hearts In Motion
10 Believin' In You

Live version of I'm Temperamental

Download Annick Gagnon

1 I'm Temperamental (Video Mix)
2 Show Me
3 Nothing But The Best
4 Victim
5 2 Steps Forward (1 Step Back)
6 This Love Of Mine
7 Groove Thing
8 Losing A Race With The Moon
9 Cherished Lies
10 I'm Temperamental (CHR Remix)
11 Tout A Moi (Remix)

2 comments:

  1. Toutes les nouveautés de l'univers manga en France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annick Gagnon did a music video in Halifax NS that featured either the MacDonald or MacKay Bridge in the back round. I can't find it anywhere. Did I imagine it?? lol

    ReplyDelete